Sunday, April 29, 2012

Snoring & Cultivation



[--- Fashi ni hau, I want to ask one thing: Shizun says VM XX or ZZ snore during sleep, I know from my experience that if a person has practised to meditate in a long time, his breathing will be more and more subtle, including during sleep. Even between sleep and meditation seems to be one.

Without prejudice, how a VM can be snoring while sleeping?

Thanks for your attention. ---]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

© 2016 – TMJ Sleep Solutions.

My Humble Opinion:

This is a very controversial topic to discuss.

First of all, a cultivator should not care about what others are doing Right or Wrong, until he or she can be very sure of what's the actual problem is and all its underlying factors.

This is the application of the 4 Noble Truths in daily life.

The writer's "I know from my experience"; is sharing his own experiences.

Another of Buddha's teachings is brought up here.

Why target the VMs?

This is fixation?

VMs are just like us, students of Grand Master Lu, Living Buddha Lian Sheng!

Are VMs different sentient beings?

Many of us snore in sleep, including myself.

When I am extremely tired/exhausted, I noticed that I snored bad!

:) I wake from the sound of my own snoring!!!

Most of us unknowingly hurt our breathing system somehow from stress and when we are not practising Dream Yoga, snoring is a result of stress to our body from daily activities.

When Guru brought up the topic on snoring, do you notice that he is doing so in a joking manner?

Try not to put any presumption on Guru's statements as we are not Guru and not a part of his mind too.

There's a student that snores loudly during daily morning cultivation sessions in Seattle temple whenever he attends.

He likes to sit right in front too!

He seems to be extremely tired from his daily activities and did not get enough rest.

Hahaha! We just take it as Natural and continue with the cultivation.

External factors are not to cause us to be distracted while cultivating anyway.

While in meditation during this period of my Retreat, I went about 20 hours without food and had water only.

There is no feeling of hunger, but I took some food just in case when I noticed that I somehow lasted 20 hours without nourishment! I drink water at 5 to 6 hours intervals. The body has partially shut down, and the need for sustenance somehow decrease correspondingly.

Writer is right in that in meditation we are a bit different!

As our breathing slow, so does our metabolic rate. We also become "detach" from our surroundings and gradually unaware of our body or shell. This is very like Hibernation.

My humble suggestion to all, Look Inwards and Not Outwards please.


Om Guru Lian Sheng Siddhi Hom
Lama Lotuschef

Restored on 3 July 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment