Sunday, January 8, 2012

8-1-2012 Cultivation - Hindrances 障碍


This is sometime way back in 2008 August and September.
I took refuge on the 3-8-2008.
Started chanting High King Avalokitesvara Sutra in earnest!
Hahaha!
This one makes sense as I understand the meaning!
[ I have yet to discover the goodness of the Guru’s Manta; Rebirth Mantra; 100-syllable mantra; ……]

As I arrived at about 400+ [about 3 weeks in TBS], I had this vision of a milky colored lighted lotus opening in my Heart chakra.
Astonished and ignorant of what this is, I let it be and continue to chant.

The Divinities from the sutra seems to take places on this lotus and they keep beaming light all over.

I find that I when I closed my eyes to sleep, I can somehow see some form of “fireworks”, which is bright light darting here there and everywhere.

I asked Avalokitesvara for help and chanted her mantra.

“Things” got “worse”!
I am more energized that before and so alert that I can’t sleep.

Finally, I beg GM to help me sleep!
I chanted GM’s mantra and gradually was able to sleep.

I found that like the times I asked for help from Buddha when I was working as a volunteer in a local monastery, I can actually “reach” GM and he extended help my way!
I later realized that this is where the Trust & Faith in GM originated from.

Within 2 months of refuge, I chanted 3000 times of this wonderful sutra.

Now the Hindrances that I created during cultivation.
I decided to “test” how firm I am chanting this sutra against some hindrances.

Went to sit in front of my big screen TV and turned on speakers to loud in order to cover my chanting and then to a channel in Chinese then English whereby I can understand what’s said and why.

I didn’t chant loudly though.

Gradually I find myself “detached” from what’s on TV and the visualization took up my mind and filled my thoughts!
[The one that I shared in this blogspot recently.]

If I but realized then, this is actually Samadhi. 
The environmental factor is not able to affect and cause you to alter your thoughts and actions.

I humbly believe that a slight amount of hindrance place in cultivation path is an impetus.

However, if one were to mimic the hermit cultivators who deprived themselves of needs to sustain their life force, starving themselves to compromise themselves or cheating themselves of a healthy shell to cultivate, this is something I strongly discourage.

Balance!!!
A suitable amount is a stimuli or an impetus but overdose is not encouraged.

Happy Cultivating!

Amituofo / Lotuschef / Pure Karma / True Buddha School

No comments:

Post a Comment