Friday, October 28, 2011

28-12-2011 Religious Conflicts – Paying Respect


This is from a fellow student.

Fa Shi, I have another question.
This is about my colleague that just passed away yesterday in XX.
He was my co's former GM. And a very very good guy. We all have great respect to him.
So I was so sad, but I know its the best thing for him. He was suffered for years from heart & lung failure.
This morning I asked my fren to do photo montage of him, to be placed at his desk. And I was arranging to buy white roses to be placed at his desk too. He's moslem.
In the end I bought fruits that he always eat for lunch and gv as offering. Den here comes the problem. They asked me to take it down.
Moslem don't do such practise, and 1 of my moslem colleague that close to him said on behalf of his spirit that he thinks my late colleague won't like it.
I refused to take it down, Fa Shi Description: :( 

I heard this story told by YY 
( A Tantric Monk) from ZZ temple, abt his funeral service helping to deliver grandma. YY said, grandma was Buddhist. Kids all Christian. So they baptise the grandma after she passed away & never give offering in front of the coffin as what most Buddhist did. So grandma was starving & thirsty. She cursed her kids for doing that to her. YY helped by put a bread at a table near the coffin. So she can reach the food. YY said that the spirit can't go too far from the body after we died. But the kids angry & take the bread down. Grandma very angry & start cursing the kids again.

So from this story, my intention just to let my late colleague eat. They took it wrongly, something like against their beliefs. My gosh, Fa Shi, they don't come out with anything to respect him, in the end I was in the wrong. Doing good things are so difficult, every time got people that can't be pleased.

LC: Hi dear, this is my humble opinion.
First of all, why do u want to offer something to your ex-GM?
You want to show him you like n respected him, correct?
GM n Buddha teaches us to make others happy, correct?

Therefore if it is offensive to people of other religious leanings WE DON'T DO IT!

In Tantrayana, we can visualize offerings, right?
You chant rebirth mantra n dedicate to him offering him lotus to go to Pureland. You can also burn some lotus n incense for him, just need to write his name n his address n it will be deliver. I can give u a talisman order for the stuff u offer to be delivered to him. I have met this YY. haha!

My dear, Offering is from one's heart. We show our respect n love in different ways n when religious beliefs is different we do not go n interfere.
During Brahma's event in Seattle this Aug. 27, GM said Allah, god all are Brahma himself.

YY should not have told this story which is untrue upon scrutiny.
Think, if they are all Christian [Kids all Christian] n baptize Granma too, they would not have employ or invite YY ( A Tantric Monk) to do the delivery, right?

My dear, when we deliver, we only need their names n address. That's all. If u read my blog, there's one about forming GM's lotus mudra with the left hand n visualize the subject u want to deliver sitting on the lotus n then u chant GM's mantra, long one preferred for at least 7times n visualize Gm picking up the lotus, that’s all. Simple?

My dear, stories people tell u must use you wisdom to analyze please. Some talk Big only but have no true essence.

Buddha teaches all to find happiness so u must not create unhappiness at all. There are many ways to show you care. 

Happy now? Go take away the fruit but use your heart to talk to Gm to help this ex-boss. 

Dharma has no boundaries nor governed by any proprietary rights, it is also method to live life happily, sharing this happiness with all sentient beings.

The mindset of a cultivator should be thus tuned, do u agree? 

cheers dear
Lotuschef

Amituofo / Lotuschef / Pure Karma / True Buddha School

No comments:

Post a Comment