Monday, October 17, 2011

17-10-2011 GM's teachings - How much do you truly understand?

I started using English language as the medium for cultivation in December 2009 at a local temple and then extend it to yet another locally few months later.


Why did I choose to do something that no one does locally?
We all know that GM shares Dharma with us in his native tongue, Mandarin. All his speeches, books and etc. all in Mandarin.


Translation into other languages as GM said back in 7-11-2009, sometimes the True meaning didn't get across as GM meant them to be. 
The accuracy of translation varies from Individual to Individual.


I decided to lessen the Language Hindrances for those English educated and knows little or no Mandarin. 


Recently I was invited to XX to give English Dharma speeches and lead cultivation as well.
As it was my first session with them, I asked how many English only and how many Mandarin only. 
There were a majority of Mandarin only.


I decided to share cultivation techniques in both languages to build a foundation so I have no need to explain again what I shared all over again in subsequent sessions. 


I shared visualization of all basic steps in 4 Preliminaries and next day, High King Avalokitesvara, Padmakumara with 6 realms vajra mantra wheel mandala, 9 steps breathing visualization techniques.


Generally, I covered all basics and attendees should be well armed to continue.


However, someone said that as there is a 95% majority, I should only impart cultivation techniques in Mandarin. She said although she knows Mandarin and English, she had difficulty following my explanation because she didn't know what Avalokitesvara is, and also the other terminology boggles her. I also explained in Mandarin simultaneously!!! So she didn't understand Mandarin as she claims?


Many forget to listen to GM and LOOK INWARDS FOR ANSWERS!


I explained that those that know Mandarin are indeed very lucky that they can read and listen to GM's sharing Dharma as opposed to those that only understand English. 
My invitation was to share Dharma in English but I went further to use both languages in the sharing process. Those that have both language abilities should share GM's Dharma with those with language hindrances.


For example: 
Vairocana Buddha is DA[big] Ri [Sun/Day] Ru [as if] Lai [come]. So should I say instead in English: Big Sun As If Come!
Buddha Locani is Fo [buddha] Yan [eye] Fo [buddha] Mu [mother] - become Buddha Eye Buddha Mother!
If truly wish to learn the right terminology, one can easily go online and search or ask someone who knows. 


It all Truly Depends on Self!!!


Ignoring or leaving out these group with language hindrances is not what we in True Buddha School should do.
The 4 immeasurable vows that we chant all the time should be also executed fully into daily life. We have to open our hearts to the less fortunate and not deprive them of help in any way.
All Buddha and Boddhisattva are Wise and Compassionate in nature. 
GM also vows to not neglect ANY ONE!


GM's Teachings - How much do you truly understand?
Very sad to say that those that have no language barrier also didn't understand!


As GM said: Those that claimed to have cultivated for 20 or 50 years, do so without truly using their "HEARTS", therefore still the same and cannot attain Buddhahood. 


I also wish to thank GM for sending Lotus Nino to translate my sharing into Bahasa Indonesia to share with even more with language hindrances and Lotus Zhi Qiang & Lotus A Light Breeze to lighten my load to translate into Mandarin.


Amituofo / Lotuschef / Pure Karma / True Buddha School

No comments:

Post a Comment