Thursday, March 1, 2012

Lotus Chef - The Cook


Lotus Chef - The Cook
I saw a Korean serial - they can make kimchi with many different ingredients. So I created chrysanthemum basmati rice. Using freshly boiled chrysanthemum tea to steam rice.
Try it. The fragrance of basmati with good quality chrysanthemum flavor!



Just eating this rice plain is enjoyment itself!
Cheers, lotuschef. I will try with jasmine tea & etc.


I fell in love with Basmati rice when I was in Chennai in 2006.
I have 2 big bowlfuls of this freshly steam rice with very little accompaniment.
The rice by itself is so fragrant that one has to eat it plain to savor the wondrous fragrance and taste of it.
That day also happens to be my birthday and friends celebrated the occasion in a Chinese restaurant for me.

Last September while in Houston visiting relatives, I was introduced to yet another wonderful way to cook this rice.
This method was shared by an Israeli friend of my relatives.
First cook the rice in a non-stick pan. When the rice is done, scoop up the surface and leave a layer of the crust at the bottom and around the pan. Try and drip oil evenly on the rice as you cook this crust over a slow fire till the crust become slightly brown and crispy.
This is the same as the crispy & crunchy crust of claypot-rice cooked over a gentle fire.
The trick is not to burn the crust!
It is heaty though; don’t eat too much crusty rice.
However, this crusty rice goes well with the very evil curries!!! Hehe!

Don’t get mistaken that GM named me Chef means a cook.
Though I love good and simple food and those in which the ingredients are not being massacre in more than one way before they serve it to me.

GM said: Chef in this context has Dharma Flavor!
When VM Lian Ning told me that GM named me Chef, he said 天厨妙供; as I look puzzled! [Means - Heavenly chef and unique offering].

A student even asked me once, whether there is any truth in rumours about my taking refuge in a kitchen!!!
Hahaha!

However, I share not only Dharma but everything that is good and will make all happy and ultimately wise.


Om Guru Lian Sheng Siddhi Hom
Lama Lotuschef

Edited 2 July 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment