Saturday, March 10, 2012

Astral Occurrences – Ksitigarbha Sutra and Offering


Astral Occurrences – Ksitigarbha Sutra and Offering

This is a Sunday in early 2009.
It is about half a year after my refuge in True Buddha School.

I attended a Ksitigarbha Sutra chanting session at a local temple.
This is my first time coming into contact with this sutra.

I sponsored SG$20 for offerings to Ksitigarbha’s hall. I also brought along lots of lotuses and incense paper to offer.

I dedicated my offerings to my ancestors – paternal; maternal and also my maternal grandmother’s. Also included are the homeless spirits in the temple where I do voluntary work.

My eyes were chasing the words of the sutra, especially those I do not know, so that I can pronounce them next time.

However, during the chanting of Part 2 of the sutra, I felt extremely sleepy and my eyes can hardly open.

After a short break, when Part 3 of the sutra was being chanted, I did not feel sleepy at all.

This happened for the first 2 times of chanting this sutra.

At my 3rd encounter, I was able to keep awake during Part 2, and even participated a little.

Guess why did I felt sleepy during Part 2 of the sutra?
Hahaha!

The spirits love this sutra and especially Part 2.
The more of them present, the heavier the atmosphere and most become sort of drowsy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Monday following my first encounter with Ksitigarbha sutra, I had a dream when I was having an afternoon nap.

I felt a bit scared and the atmosphere was a bit dark and dreary.
A large group of people was leading me somewhere, and they do not seem to be strangers to me.

They wanted to go downwards and I refused to do so.
It is like the wide steps of a stadium and I can’t see the bottom.

So they led me to another place.
When we emerged from the door to this place, I was in front of golden steps similar to those in a stadium or sport arena.

Where they stretch sideways and upwards, I can’t see.
It is like a huge arena that stretches to the sky or filled the universe.
There were lots of golden plates heaped with offering that were shining in bright yellow gold in color.





I learned how to visualize offerings hence.

Upon waking, I somehow had a signal/message that the ancestors that I made offering to, came and show me that they are happy with the offering and how wondrous they are.

The abundance is truly amazing and to this day, I still have a vivid picture of the offering.

Ksitigarbha Sutra is an amazing sutra to chant and dedicate though.
Chant it often and please share with us what wondrous gifts you receive and how it changes your life to a better one.

I just don’t feel fearful anymore of spirits from then on too!
Most Grateful Thanks to our Root Guru, Living Buddha Lian Sheng.
I am still receiving Root Guru’s wondrous gifts daily, are you?

Happy Cultivating!


Om Guru Lian Sheng Siddhi Hom
Lama Lotuschef

Edited 2 July 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment