Thursday, June 23, 2011

23-6-2011 Respect the Guru



The Aura of Wisdom 
By Living Buddha Sheng-yen Lu
Translated by True Buddha Foundation Translation Team
This was translated from Grandmaster Lu's 154th book, 智慧的光環.

CHAPTER 18 - Respect the Guru
When I first studied Buddhism, I learned from many Masters.
I took refuge in Venerable Yin Shun, Venerable Le Guo, Venerable Dao An, Reverend Liao-ming, Guru Thubten Taerchi, the 16th Gyalwa Karmapa, Guru Sakya Zheng-kong, Guru Pufan and others.

I received my bodhisattva vows from the Masters of precepts, Venerable Xian Dun, Venerable Hui San, and Venerable Jue Guang.
I learned the recitation of sutra and the repentance ritual from Venerable San Ci and Venerable Shang Lin.
My invisible spiritual teachers are Mr. Three-Peaks Nine-States and Padmasambhava.

I am always prepared to serve my teachers, and I believe completely in the teachings they transmit.
I shall always remember what they taught and shall abide by their instructions without fail.
Of course my teachers lectured me, but I never once rebutted them.
I exercised tolerance, as I felt my teachers were giving me lessons on the Perfection of Patience.
I have always been respectful to my teachers.

I once took refuge in a guru (whose name is not listed here). His teachings and behavior had violated the Buddhist precepts and Buddhadharma. My affinity with him was thus inadequate, and I decided to stay away from him.
Still, I maintain my respect for him, and I will not criticize him, simply because he had once taught me.

What I mean is that I am respectful to any teacher who has taught me at one time or another, and I shall always abide by their instructions.

When Padmasambhava rode on his horse and ascended to the sky, he said, `Only those who honor the Guru, treasure the Dharma and practise diligently shall attain enlightenment.`

I have indeed lived up to this statement. I am aware that without the empowerment of the Lineage Guru while cultivating the Tantric Dharma, it is absolutely impossible to gain enlightenment.

Let me share this with you, `All accomplished Tantric adepts are respectful to their teachers, and have attained spiritual union with them.`

If someone is disrespectful to his guru, yet claims to be an enlightened one, who do you think would believe it? Maybe a ghost would!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The recent uproar by fellow TBS student when some group of people asked that GM retires & hand over to the chosen successor, illustrates that there are some that don't respect their Guru.
Some wanted power so badly that wants to make our Guru redundant?

People who craves Power & control over others are in Mara's hands already.
Fame, control, monetary wealth, ....... all these are temptations since time immemorial & yet many still dropped deep in.

Needless to say, those that join hands with Mara, will never get the control & etc they craved from True Buddhas.
Haha! Remember GM said: True Buddha School given by Universal Divinities & when he retires, he will return TBS to the universe.
So it is up to those that are True Buddha like GM to take TBS from the Universal Divinities when Time is Ripe, do you all agree?

Amituofo
Lotuschef
TBS
Pure Karma Vihara

No comments:

Post a Comment