Thursday, June 9, 2011

9-6-2011 擦身而过 Brushed Past

This happened in mid 2009 before I become a Lama.

Narrated to me: 
A male Chinese national, M, of about 40+ of age came into a front hall of a temple crying for help.
There were tears on his face & he exhibited extreme pain.
He said his whole body is so painful that he think he is going to die.


Reverend, told him to sit down in front of the altar in that Hall & chant Amitabha Buddha repeatedly.
His condition seems to improve after about 30minutes.
Reverend talked to him & asked him to take refuge in GM.
M went away without taking refuge.
He is a construction worker and the pain stopped him from working.


M came to the temple about 3times after his first visit.

One Friday evening, we were cultivating 4 preliminaries & I saw M came in just after we started.
I didn't know his history at that time.
Mid-way through the sessions, I saw that he shakes & shivers.
I mentally asked Vajrasattva to beam light into him to help him.
I continued cultivating.

At the end of the session, we were told to go up to the roof top & circle the Usnisa Vijaya Stupa.
As I brushed past M, I had a vision of him violently punching someone & his face was contorted and scary as if he is going to kill someone. I also heard piercing screams from a woman.
Haha! I am more shocked than anything else.

Later, I found out that M comes seeking help claiming his whole body is painful.
I told Reverend that the one in him is a female & he did not believe me.
I don't believe myself too!!

One night upon return to the temple from white matter chanting, M  was there waiting for Reverend.
He said he can chant GM's mantra already.
So he started chanting.
I noticed after a while that he got breathless & started to twist like a woman.
I told Reverend to look at M twisting like a woman.

Well, reverend was busy clutching his chanting beads & keeping a distance from M.
I told M to sit down. Then I asked GM to help him.

He recovered after  a while. I was concerned for him, but reverend said already arrange for him to consult a visiting vajra master, a day before M has to return home to China as his work permits expires.

Well, I just recall this incident as I did brushed past something again.

Many people are afraid of people like M who have unknown & unexplainable ailments. There's the angle from fear of bearing negative karma upon themselves.

Well, it was an interesting encounter & I learn lots.

Don't shunt these people & don't walk away from them without trying to get help for them.

Remember always that GM is ONLY A THOUGHT AWAY!

Amituofo
Lotuschef
TBS
Pure Karma Vihara

No comments:

Post a Comment