Wednesday, June 22, 2011

22-6-2011 The True Acharya



The Aura of Wisdom 
By Living Buddha Sheng-yen Lu
Translated by True Buddha Foundation Translation Team (Cheng Yew Chung, Victor Hazen, Dance Smith)
This was translated from Grandmaster Lu's 154th book, 智慧的光環.

CHAPTER 8 - The True Acharya
During the time when I was transmitting the Kalachakra Practice, Guru Thubten Dargye personally penned this authorization: 'The Kalachakra lineage shall hereby be transmitted to Thubten Kimo (*Editor's Note: This is the Tibetan name given to Grandmaster Lu by his Guru, Thubtun Dargye.) This constitutes the Samaya Pledge.' This transmission of Dharma is thus the lineage itself, and a true Acharya must possess his lineage.
I have the Dharma hat of Milarepa, the Dharma robe of Ganden Tripa, the Dharma seal of Sakya Trizin, a vajra, a bell and a bottle belonging to the lineage guru, practice texts transmitted personally by the lineage guru and so forth. These are the authenticating objects given only to a true Acharya.

Among the precious authenticating objects are two which I am most proud of: a clay statue of Vajrapani Bodhisattva and a clay statue of Vajrayogini molded personally by Rinpoche Gan-Zu himself. These two treasures are presently kept at the Rainbow Villa. They have been passed down from Rinpoche Gan Zu to Guru Thubten Dargye, who in turn handed them to me.

Entrusted with the lineage Tantric practices, I remain respectful to my Guru, I treasure the Dharma, and I practise diligently. This leads to real attainment. I have great compassion for sentient beings and a strongly aroused bodhicitta. I vow to propagate the teachings and practices of Buddhism to the world and take on the responsibilities of the Tathagata, devoting my life and time to the Buddha.

I have a firm belief in the lineage. I have absolute faith in the True Buddha Tantric Dharma. I have gained responses from all teachings, and I've attracted the presence of ten thousand Dakinis to applaud and celebrate my attainment.

My principal deity appeared and said to me, `Do not own any temple. Do not hold on to any territory. Do not keep any personal wealth. If you gain the world, you shall lose heaven. You, Living Buddha Lian-sheng, have attained perfect spirituality. You have great compassion and have developed and attained the Five Wisdoms. Your virtue is pure and righteous and you have overcome all life and death. You have risen above all delusions.`


If someone were to ask me what constitutes a true Acharya, my reply would be, `Please go through this chapter carefully!`


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amituofo
Lotuschef
TBS
Pure Karma Vihara

No comments:

Post a Comment