Tuesday, June 21, 2011

21-6-2011 Spiritual Conviction 道心坚固


The Aura of Wisdom 
By Living Buddha Sheng-yen Lu
Translated by True Buddha Foundation Translation Team (Cheng Yew Chung, Victor Hazen, Dance Smith)
This was translated from Grandmaster Lu's 154th book, 智慧的光環.

CHAPTER 1 - Spiritual Conviction
This article is written for disciples who have just taken refuge and have begun their initial practice of the True Buddha teachings.
Let me say this to you in all honesty. As an enlightened adept, I have truly visited the Maha Twin Lotus Ponds and have seen my identity in my past life as Padmakumara himself.

The cultivation of the True Buddha teachings does indeed bring results.
Besides helping one to gain better health and longevity, attracting good fortune and fostering the growth of blessings and wisdom, it allows one to spontaneously activate the Four Bodies, express the Five Wisdoms, manifest the Rainbow Light Body and attain Supreme Bodhicitta.

As a novice, it is important that you have faith in the Root Guru, trusting the Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha. This is the very heart of your spiritual conviction.
Needless to say, it takes considerable practice in the cultivation of the True Buddha teachings before one can attain fruition. Do not give up upon meeting slight setbacks. The True Buddha Doctrine is aimed at freeing the individual from his or her defilements, so as to allow one to gain mastery over birth and death and become enlightened.To attain these goals, one must remain firm in one`s spiritual conviction.
In this world, there is one person whose spiritual conviction is always firm, and that person is myself, Living Buddha Lian-sheng, Sheng-yen Lu. I shall never lose my spiritual conviction.
I have faced mountains of disasters in my life. Anyone else in my shoes would have long given up their practice due to these setbacks. The obstacles placed before me have seemed endless, one following after another, and yet my spiritual will has become tempered and sure instead of fading. If I am not a Tathagata, then who is? I have long taken on the role of the Thus Come One.
Let me say this to you: If I have not given up despite all the obstacles I`ve experienced, how could you give up so easily? Let us put our spiritual conviction to the test and see who shall emerge the strongest!
I want to share this with all True Buddha practitioners, so that we may encourage each other

**I hope you like this & listen to GM please.

Amituofo
Lotuschef
TBS
Pure Karma Vihara

No comments:

Post a Comment