Thursday, June 23, 2011

23-6-2011 True Practice




The Aura of Wisdom 
By Living Buddha Sheng-yen Lu
Translated by True Buddha Foundation Translation Team
This was translated from Grandmaster Lu's 154th book, 智慧的光環.

CHAPTER 17 - True Practice
I remember one night when I was performing my duties for Taichung`s South Gate Bridge Land Surveying Company, an invisible spiritual teacher descended and continued to teach me the Tantric Dharma over a period of three years, averaging an hour per night.

Back then, my arms and legs were often manipulated by the invisible spiritual master, and these experiences made me realize that gods and spirits really exist in this universe; that there is such a thing as a `spiritual world`, and the `invisible` does exist.
I hence made a vow that this shall be my conviction in life and I would cultivate truthfully.

Once I was lazy and uttered, `Why should I practise the Dharma arts? In times of need, all it takes is the help of my invisible teacher to settle things for me.`

I was reprimanded for making such a statement.
I have studied the Tantric teachings for many years, entering into retreat for three years at the Ling Xian (Spiritual Immortal) Villa in Seattle, USA.
It has been thirty years since the Golden Mother of the Jade Pond initiated the opening of my spiritual eye.
I feel that my only strong point is my persistence in cultivation, truthfully practising daily without fail.

My blood type is `O`, depicting a strong character with great patience.
When faced with any assignment, I will complete it, no matter what.
I am down-to-earth, and shun laziness.
You can say I am silly and idiotic, but I am very serious and committed to my cultivation.
I often say that writing and practice are the two important duties of my life, and they are activities I must perform daily.
My writing improves over time, as does my spiritual unfolding through practice.
No one can ever take that away from me!

Let me say this to you. I am a true Vajra Guru.
On what basis do I say this?
I say this on the basis that I truthfully practise the True Buddha Tantric Dharma daily, without fail.

There are many pseudo Masters among us in today's society, and they all claim,
`With a single empowerment, the three main channels shall circulate freely.`
`With one single empowerment, the spiritual foetus shall be conceived.`
`With one single empowerment, one shall live to be more than a hundred years old.`
`With one single empowerment, the Dharma Wheel shall spin on its own, and one will not need to make any effort in cultivation.`

How true are such claims?
Please do not ask me.

You may refer to the words of Padmasambhava, which state,
`Honor the Guru, treasure the Dharma, and practice diligently.`

Please remember this:
Practise with perseverance and patience. 
Never crave for magical approaches and never look for short cuts
Be practical and honest with your cultivation!

Amituofo
Lotuschef
TBS
Pure Karma Vihara

No comments:

Post a Comment