Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dependency

Terjemahan Indonesia : Ketergantungan

 

All of us grow up depending on others to nurture us; guide us and educate us.


Many parents continue to direct their off-springs despite their being grown.


For cultivators to learn to let go, we have to look at the influence of their growing up years.


Let us look at the scene at nursery schools and kinder-garden schools.


Nursery is for children 4 years of age.


At the start of school term, we find lots of children crying and clinging to their parents; grandparents; nannies ......


They have fear of being left behind; abandoned; new environment; new faces; .....


I remember my eldest daughter first day at school.


I sent her and after ascertaining the line she should join, she waved good-bye to me. She told me after school that many are irritatingly crying and disrupting lessons.


After a week, she didn't need me to wait for her to enter the classroom but said good bye to me and alight from the car and went to join the line-up.


Most children settled down to school after a few weeks. However, there are some that had their companion looking on or sitting with them in school.


The crying and clinging starts all over at the start of subsequent terms for some children as well.


My humble advice to parents and all care givers, let go and let the children be independent. Do not frighten or threaten them with abandonment or being kidnap by 'bad' people and paint scary scenarios to control them.


Some education systems are geared at encouraging students to be creative and devised their own learning momentum to solve problems and manage their own choice of path.


In True Buddha School, choice is truly very wide. You choose your own cultivation momentum and cultivate with Guru's guidances.


However, Dependency on others is prevalent too. It is a habit learnt from growing up.


Let me ask you again:


Why do you choose to take refuge in True Buddha School?


What can True Buddha School do for you?


If your answer contains any of the following; please go back to basics and prepare a good foundation of Buddhist fundamentals like the 4 Noble Truths and 8-fold paths.




  • I want to change my life for the better so that I can acquire wealth, power and be above others.

  • I want to be like Guru, having many following me and subservient to me, carrying out all my orders and providing me with a luxurious life style.


Hahaha! All that glitter is not Gold!


What you see and perceive and subsequently craved is an illusion!


Guru said do not chase wealth as when you clear your karmic negatives and cultivate to help all without discrimination, all Buddhas and Bodhisattvas will support your activities and ensure you have plenty of resources to execute Bodhicitta for all beings.


Taking refuge and Bodhisattva's vows are initialization of your Bodhicitta Wish and carrying out this wish in executing deeds like propagating Dharma; charitable activities; ...... is walking the Bodhi path at your own choice and pace.


I reiterate that Guru is our mentor and guides us along the Bodhi path and it is up to individual to choose to walk this path or not.


Taking refuge and not cultivating or not adhering to Guru's guidances but expect Guru or some masters with "power" to give you transmission of Power and resulting wealth and control, you are carrying the Dependency from birth to adulthood.


Another key point in successful cultivation is Letting Go or Renunciation.


In other words, Grow Up please.


Amituofo

Pure Karma

Lama Lotuschef

True Buddha School

 

2 comments:

  1. Is there a chinese translation of this artice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! Didn't translate into Chinese. I need volunteers to do so. Cheers. Lotuschef

    ReplyDelete