Tuesday, March 8, 2011

8-3-2011 Borobudur & High King Avalokitesvara Sutra 般若佛图与高王观世音真经

Gm said the Borobudur is squarish on the outside & round on the inside.


There is a centre rounded dome-like structure in the centre. Three circles of statues surronds it. 6 levels of squarish formation of statues depicting Buddhas/Boddhisattvas on each level.





What’s the relevance of drawing attention to both at the same time?
I am now keeping my promise to share what I learned at Borobudur & from GM’s Dharma speech at Semarang Temple, as I am back on home grounds. Haha!

Before chanting High King Avalokitesvara Sutra, I always encourage visualization as follows:-
Visualize a lotus blooms within the heart Chakra, all the Buddhas & Boddhisattvas are sitting on this lotus. Whenever we chant each name, they will blossom into light and blessing us. We become brighter and brighter as we respectfully chant each name. From about 3 weeks after I took refuge I started to visualize like this whenever I chant & I placed Avalokitesvara right at the centre and constantly turning in direction from front to right to back and to left and front again. Then come the Buddhas and followed by the Boddhisattvas.












This formation is quite similar to the Borobudur.
Now the Borobudur has the centre representing Sakyamuni Buddha, then 3 circles of Buddhas, followed by 6 rectangular formation of Boddhisattvas.
Haha!

I understand what is a Mandala now. It’s a place where all Buddhas & Boddhisattvas rest and this is pureland or Siddhi, the home to all.

Imagine having them in your heart chakra? This is the reason I am vitalized and unable to sleep after chanting High King Avalokitesvara Sutra continuously for at least 20 times at one go.
The Universal Energy charging from all the Universe! Try sleeping if you can. Haha!

I chanted Sakyamuni’s mantra at the Borobudur and visualize I am Sakyamuni sitting in the centre of the mandala. Then I become larger & larger until the Borobudur is in my heart chakra.

2 nights later, when meditating, I saw myself presenting Borobudur to GM & he let it drop. The monument broke into pieces. GM smile at me and look at my heart chakra.

Haha! The Borobudur is resting serenely in all its dignified glory within my heart chakra.
No kidding. You all can try too.

Go get empowerment transfer for Sakyamuni Buddha from GM first.
Have fun cultivating.

Amituofo
Lotuschef
TBS
Pure Karma Vihara

No comments:

Post a Comment