Monday, January 6, 2014

All Matters Unsuitable for this Day 是日–诸事不宜

 

Source: 蓮生活佛盧勝彥文集第225冊 – 諸事不宜 Everything Not Suitable for the Day
From Book 225, by His Holiness Living Buddha Lian Sheng, Sheng-yan Lu.
Translated into English by Lotus Nino
Edited by Lama Lotuschef
Image: Leiden, Museum Volkenkunde © j.kunst



There is this Huangbin couple, my disciples, that were very happy when the wife got pregnant.

They requested that I choose a date for birth by caesarean section, the delivery date as per the physician is on 14th of September.

I beseeched Golden Mother to choose an auspicious day for the birth of their child and Golden Mother directed the date to be on 9th of September.
Therefore I told the Huangbin couple regarding the message and they were very happy that Grand Master requested Golden Mother to choose the date and thus no objection at all from them.
  
However, the problem arose when they got home.

Huangbin's father is very stubborn, he said:
"Won't do!"

"Why won't do?" asked Huangbin.

His father replied: "That day is your mother's death anniversary."
(His mother passed away early.)

"What's the problem with Death anniversary being unsuitable?"

"Won't do means won't do!" his father replied.

His father added:
"I've checked the almanac and 9th of September is [日值大耗] (means the Sun & Moon clashes when the Sun is on duty, and the Moon is "Broken"), all matters are unsuitable for such a day.

What is you Guru doing, as if he doesn't even know that the day is unsuitable for any matter?"

Huangbin said: "It was Golden Mother who gave the direction."
 
"I don't care whether it is Golden Mother or not, that day is still unsuitable for any matter. It is clearly written and you still vehemently argue? Ask your Guru to choose another day then!"

Huangbin also checked the almanac, and it was indeed written "Unsuitable for any matter."

What to do now?

Huangbin could only "toughen his scalp" and relate to me his father's opinion, requesting for another date selection from me.

I lightly smiled.
 
I asked: "Can you recite the Auspicious Verse?"

Huangbin answered: "Can:
Rì jí-xiáng, yè jí-xiáng,
yī rì liù shí héng jí-xiáng,
yīqiè jí-xiáng zhī zhōng-zhě,
qí-qǐng shàng-shī jiā-chí, běn-zūn shè-shòu, hù-fǎ chuí-hù.
"

[Translates as: Auspiciousness during the day, auspiciousness during the night, auspiciousness in the six times of the day. Everything is auspicious for this One within,  May the Guru bless, the Yidam Deity embrace, and Dharma Protector lovingly protect."]

"Just recite 3 times, then everything will be okay."

Huangbin said: "My dad is stiff-necked, he won't listen. He adamantly insisted: It still is the inauspicious day for any kind of matter.
He has checked the almanac himself and found that 12th of September is the non-conflicting day, and even coincides with [日德、月德] – [these are geomancy terms - meaning the Sun & Moon or Day & Night are meritorious and can even overcome or neutralise extremes like fatal occurrences.] .
He will only be appeased with that day."

I told him: "If that's so, just follow your father's opinion! The 12th of September and so be it."

Huangbin said: "I am so sorry."

I replied: "No problem, as long as the family is appeased, I don't have problem with it either."

When the afternoon of the 9th of September arrived.

Huangbin shouted: "The divine prediction of Grandmaster is very accurate! Very accurate! In the early morning of the 9th of September, my wife had severe painful contraction, and was sent to hospital, and had a delivery by normal birth. She gave birth to a chubby son. So precise and accurate!"
 
I lightly smiled.

"Sincerely recite 7 times of High King Avalokiteshvara Sutra and dedicate the merit to the baby."



Let me say that I myself am not superstitious. I 「有法有破」 – have methods, have solution.
No matter whether it is 「日耗」、「月耗」、「諸事不宜」 – Sun Exhausts, Moon Exhausts, All matter being not suitable, I am the one with no taboos.

My skills have already reached the acme, all my divine predictions have signs or indications and effectiveness; can't just randomly fabricate, or any how utter nonsense, not vague and hollow.

I have full trust in the instructions from Golden Mother, and I will say something as and when the instruction appears.

My divine predictions:
"The mind being unattached towards all phenomena."
"There is Gem/Treasure within the heart."


[End]

  
** Note by Lotuschef:
I have added some explanations for the Geomancy terms that SZ uses in this article.
Hope they can better explain SZ's intent in this article. **



Cheers all.


Om Guru Lian Sheng Siddhi Hom
Lama Lotuschef

No comments:

Post a Comment