Thursday, July 28, 2011

28-7-2011 Strange Hair



The Flying Carpet of the East 
By Living Buddha Sheng-yen Lu
Translated by Shan Tung Hsu P.hD., Bekka, Karin Greenway
This was translated from Grandmaster Lu's 31st book, 東方的飛氈.

CHAPTER 22 - Strange Hair


When I walked to the door of my office I saw a gentleman standing outside under an old tree.
He was about fifty, and he wore a Sherlock Holmes hat.

When he saw me, he called, "Mr. Lu! Mr. Lu!"

I usually ignore strangers.
Since my books have been published, too many people seek me out.
Sometimes I am even afraid to go home!
Whenever people seek me out I hear so many difficulties.
They ask me to use my psychic power to help them.
Too much of this creates a disturbance in my life.
I constantly move my residence, but people find me anyway.

"Mister Lu! Please wait. I have something very unusual to talk with you about."

"What is it?"

"It's about my strange hair." He looked very pale.

"Strange hair?"

He took off his hat. I saw that on top of his head was a patch of coffee-colored hair. The rest of his hair was black. His face was strange too.

I looked at the hair and then watched his face more closely. I saw his expression change. His eyes sunk in deeper. His nose flattened. His lips became larger. The gentle looking face disappeared. Instead, his face looked like a monkey's!

"You! That's monkey hair!" I said in shock. I was astonished!

"Yes. It's monkey hair," he said as he put on his hat.
"I have given my hair to a doctor to examine. It has proven to be monkey hair."

This is his story:
His name is Hung Tsu-wang.
He lives in Yi-lan City.
He is fifty-four years old and very healthy.
Three years ago he accidentally fell and hit his head, and since then he has had strange, fast-growing coffee-colored hair. Along with his unusual new hair came a change in behavior.
His mild and gentle nature became wild and reckless.
What's more, every evening from ten to eleven Mr. Hung has had a change of expression in his face, and finds himself jumping around like a monkey.
Sometimes it is more serious; he makes monkey sounds.
He has become fond of peanuts, bananas and wine.
If he loses too much control, his family locks him up. In about an hour he returns to normal.

"Have you had any relationships or entanglements with monkeys?" I asked.

"No . "

"Really?"

"Really!"

"Well, if you haven't had any entanglements with monkeys then it may be some karma from a previous life. I will take a look tonight in my meditations. You go home. Tomorrow I will give you my answer."

"Tomorrow! I cannot stay in a hotel! I have to go home.
Maybe I can come back in a few days.
I hope you can help me since no one else can!
Every evening at ten o'clock I have to take a shot to get calmed down.
There's no other remedy we know of."

That evening I sat and silently chanted and called his name, his birth date, and his address.
Then I concentrated. I started to see a circle of yellow light. In the circle an ocean appeared.
Next, I saw an island and a palm tree. I saw a boat in a harbor.
There were many Japanese soldiers getting off the boat.
I saw a circle of the Japanese men having their meal and drink.
One soldier had a monkey on a leash.
Another soldier stood up, took out his knife and killed the monkey.
The monkey screamed. Blood splashed all over.
The soldiers yelled in excitement.
They intended to eat the monkey.
I looked closely at the soldier who held the knife.
It was Mr. Hung.
A few days later Mr. Hung came to see me again. "Have you ever been in the Japanese army?"

"Yes, before the end of World War II, before the Japanese surrendered. We were drafted."

"Where did you go when you were in the army?"

"Sumatra. "

"You killed a monkey. You killed a monkey in Sumatra? Is that true?"

"Oh!" Hung cried out. His face paled. Sweat appeared on his brow.

He thought awhile and then said, "Now I remember it! Now I remember it! At that time nobody dared to kill! I was young. I killed the monkey and everyone ate the meat. Yes! That happened. What can I do now? What can I do now?"

For such a thing I had no remedy. This was the retribution of killing. I was surprised that it came so fast.

"Before you fell, where had you been visiting?"

"The day before I went to Chi-lung to see my friend. He is a seaman. He had just returned from South Indonesia, Sumatra. Does this have something to do with it?".

Taiwan was occupied by Japan for sixty years. The occupation ended when World War II was over. Taiwanese men were drafted to fight for Japan during World War II.

"It might have accelerated the retribution," I told him.

"Can you help in any way?"

"I'm sorry. I can't. " When I looked at his strange hair I was sorry that I couldn't help.
There was nothing I could say.
Although I can see things in the past very clearly, I don't have the power or ability to change one's karma.
I could only give him my blessing and hope that this karma would be resolved soon.

"It's your karma," I said softly. "You will have to resolve it."

"How do I do it?" He was depressed.

"Follow the nature of your heart. Chant to Buddha."


Amituofo
Lotuschef
Pure Karma
True Buddha School


No comments:

Post a Comment