Tuesday, July 26, 2011

26-7-2011 The Temple On Brush Tip Mountain



The Flying Carpet of the East 
By Living Buddha Sheng-yen Lu
Translated by Shan Tung Hsu P.hD., Bekka, Karin Greenway
This was translated from Grandmaster Lu's 31st book, 東方的飛氈.

CHAPTER 9 - The Temple On Brush Tip Mountain


In Chu-Nan City there is a mountain called Brush Tip.
Some 50 families live there, all farmers who cultivate crops on the terraced land.
My assistant and I were there on a surveying assignment, staying temporarily at a military post.
We got to know the residents quite well.

At the time there was a big celebration at the new Yu Ta-jen Temple and my assistant and I were invited.
The residents were very generous and hospitable, inviting as many guests as possible to the feast.
Some families invited several dozen guests.
Others invited several hundred.

We were having a great time toasting and drinking when an old man at our table suddenly sighed and said, "Hmmm, it's too bad, this mountain used to have very good energy. Unfortunately . . ."

"Unfortunately," I interrupted, "the dragon's body has been cut in two. "

The old man looked surprised. "Young man, you know the Feng-Shui."

I pointed to a low area on the mountain and said, "That point of the mountain has the name 'Two Dragons Point to the Sun.'
Long ago, because of the high and pure energy of this place, a high ranking official was born there.
Later, an industrial company dug clay out of the mountain to make bricks and the energy was disturbed.
The company soon discovered that the clay wasn't suitable for making bricks, and left without filling in the hole, leaving a gap in the mountain.
Because of this, the center of the dragon is ruined, and the energy of the mountain has been slipping away.
That is why the Yu-Ta-jen Temple has been built-to prevent the energy from continuing to slip away.
The festival today celebrates this event. Am I correct?"

The old man replied, "Oh my! Oh my! Dear brother, who is your master? Who taught you this? I have studied Feng-Shui for 40 years. I learned from the Fukien San-yuan School. I thought I was the only one who could recognize the energy here! Yes, this is why I built this temple.
It is unbelievable that you can recognize the energy too. Tell me, who is your teacher?"

"My Feng-Shui teacher was Master Ch'ing-chen. He was a Taoist and he lived on Lien-t'ou Mountain."

"Master Ch'ing-Chen? I've never heard of him," the old man said, shaking his head.

"He was a hermit. Not many people have heard of him," I explained.

"How about taking a look to see how well this temple has been built?"

Without giving me a chance to respond the old man grabbed my arm and took me to the front of the temple.
My assistant, Mr. Huang, and a few other villagers followed along. I walked around the temple.
It was quite small.
It held an 8-inch tall figure titled "Yu Ta-jen" and other figures whose names weren't familiar to me.
After looking around the temple I said: "This temple has three doors, seven posts, and is divided into five sections. The incense holder is placed upside down. All of this is designed to absorb back all the earth's energy that has been lost."

The old man was astonished. "Don't tell me you have already studied the Earth Spirit Sutra?"

"What Earth Spirit Sutra?" I asked, really not knowing what it was.

"The Earth Spirit Sutra is the most sacred of knowledge. Everyone who studies Feng-Shui dreams of being able to know it. The knowledge is not written down. It is acquired through direct transmission. It cost me my entire fortune to learn only a little of it from the San-yuan School.
Who is Master Ch'ing-chen?
How could he have given you such precious knowledge?
How much did you pay him?"

"Not a single dime."
"I'm not kidding. Really," I sincerely said.

"According to your judgment," he said, "when will this temple become prosperous?"

I looked at the hexagram design on the ceiling and said, "In 12 years."

"My dear brother, I very much admire you. You are correct. I put 12 houses on the design. If you do any Feng-Shui as a profession you will make a fortune. I've never met someone so young who has such great knowledge!"

"Sir, please tell me, who is Yu Ta-jen?" I was curious because I felt no energy in the figure.

"You've found out already. It's not appropriate for me to talk about that here."
He took me outside and very solemnly said, "I am Yu Ta-jen."

"Oh, is that so?" I nodded my head and said no more.

The old man had written his birth date on the eight hexagrams on the ceiling design.
Then he had taken a piece of his hair and fingernail and put it inside the figure.
He will die in 12 years. He himself knew this.
When he dies his spirit will stay in the statue in the temple to enliven it and he will receive people's worship.
This is a very special soul transformation method.
Master Ch'ing-chen taught it to me also.
However, unless one really knows what he is doing, he shouldn't try .

Another experience happened on Brush Tip Mountain:
Because of the numerous hills and valleys on the mountain, it was difficult to move the surveying instruments around. Once my assistant grabbed his instruments and went running down a hill to set up for a measurement of the hill's height. As he was on his way down I stopped him, calling: "Wait a minute. It is really difficult to get down there. Let me 'read' it."

"Are you going to use spiritual reading?"

"Yes, I'm going to give it a try," I said.

I mobilized and extended out my psychic energy and measured the distance. The latitude was 63 meters.

However, I was afraid my reading wasn't accurate so, in the end, I asked him to go down the hill anyway.

His instrument read 65 meters - two meters different than my reading.

That was strange.
Why was my reading two meters off?

My assistant came hiking up the hill and after caching his breath he said: "The bottom wasn't flat. The place where I stood was two meters below the flat ground. "

"Ah, now I see. Thanks!" I said.



Amituofo
Lotuschef
Pure Karma
True Buddha School

No comments:

Post a Comment