Thursday, July 28, 2011

28-7-2011 Journey To The Lotus Kingdom



The Flying Carpet of the East 
By Living Buddha Sheng-yen Lu
Translated by Shan Tung Hsu P.hD., Bekka, Karin Greenway
This was translated from Grandmaster Lu's 31st book, 東方的飛氈.

CHAPTER 19 - Journey To The Lotus Kingdom


I have been reluctant to write about this particular learning I've had.
It is too difficult for most people to believe.
Furthermore, it seems I might be revealing some truths which I ought to be silent about.
One day I was initiated in the Hsuan-Tsang Temple of Sun Moon Lake in Nan-t'ou.
My master for the initiation was Tao-an.
At that time in the temple the energy was rather strong.
In my psychic vision I couldn't see whether the Hsuan-Tsang Master was present.
However, I did see the Four Heaven Kings.

One of them was my good friend who whispered,
"Tonight is a night for some good things to happen for you."

"I don't care," I said.
"I've never been rich. I am outspoken.
I've made a lot of friends and I've also made some enemies.
Whatever good luck comes I wouldn't get too excited about it."

That evening when I closed my eyes, a golden light appeared to me, almost as bright as the sun.
The experience was much like the time I traveled to the Great Void.
I realized then what the Heaven King meant about good luck.
The circle of light was something like seeing a solar eclipse.
The rim was shining brightly while the center was dark.
I felt my body become lighter and lighter and I flew into the center of the circle of light.
My body was moved by some unknown force to another world.
The moment I flew into the new world I saw wonderful beauty all around.
I could rest on the clouds or ride on a flying carpet.
Mountains and rivers beneath me looked smaller.
I was like a bird looking down on the world, in a fairy land above the clouds.
Ahead of me I saw a rainbow gate, and as I entered it I saw golden palaces.
I felt that I was in a dream.
Everything was fresh, sparkling and grand.
I smelled the heavenly fragrance of lotus flowers.
Far away I saw lotus leaves with wonderful colors reflecting from them.
As I looked around I realized that the entire kingdom was supported by lotus flowers!
Palaces floated on layers of them.
The fragrance of lotus permeated the air.
In the Lotus Kingdom there is a virtuous and beautiful Bodhisattva named Lotus Light Buddha.
I humbly bowed to him.
He said:
"Like the waves moving in the ocean, human desires never cease.
When you know the Tao, the stopping of time and desire, you will see Buddha."

He continued, "Lian Shen, while you are here I have a gift to give you.
There are five lotus flowers in front of you. Pick the one you want."

As he spoke, I saw five flowers appear, each shining with a golden light.
On the first flower contained a dazzling collection of silver.
The second contained gold.
The third flower was filled with crystal, jade and pearls.
The fourth was even more compelling: it contained bundles of money.

"You can use this," said the Lotus Light Buddha.

"Maybe for others; I don't think I need it."

The fifth flower contained volumes of the sutra.
I looked closely.
There were 49 years of Buddha's teachings.

"I need this!" I said.
As I spoke the four other flowers disappeared.
Vibrations of light emanated from the flower.
I merged joyfully with the light and became one with the lotus flower.
As I said farewell to Lotus Light Buddha, I closed my palms and stepped backwards.
My feet were resting on something so light and soft it was as if I walked on nothing at all.
I looked down. Beneath my feet was a lotus pond, deep and clear with a mirror-like surface.
With every step I took, a lotus flower emerged to support me.
The fragrance of the Lotus Kingdom is lodged in my memory now.
Whenever I smell the lotus, my thoughts turn to Buddha.


Amituofo
Lotuschef
Pure Karma
True Buddha School


No comments:

Post a Comment