Tuesday, July 26, 2011

26-7-2011 Visiting Mr. Chu Fei



The Flying Carpet of the East 
By Living Buddha Sheng-yen Lu
Translated by Shan Tung Hsu P.hD., Bekka, Karin Greenway
This was translated from Grandmaster Lu's 31st book, 東方的飛氈.

CHAPTER 14 - Visiting Mr. Chu Fei 


Mr. Chu Fei is a devoted Buddhist and the chief editor of the Buddhist-Muslim magazine, Bodhi-Tree.
I thought, "Since he works with this knowledge all the time he must be wise.
Maybe I can learn something from him." I decided to pay him a visit in Tai-chung City.

I told him right away of my spiritual experiences and of my interest in continuing to learn.
Chu shook his head and exclaimed that such things were impossible.
His wife began to chant for me, reciting the Great Compassion Chant.

"Mrs. Chu," I said, "I do this chant every day too."

"Oh! Really!" she answered, somewhat embarrassed at having been presumptuous.

I think, in Mrs. Chu's mind, if I was not mentally disordered I must have been possessed.
The chant is very powerful in expelling evil. I practiced it so often that I could say it backward, forward and inside out.
Chu, having been silent for awhile, finally said, "I think that what is happening here is that your heart is possessed by evil. There is no medicine for that."

"People on spiritual paths are like logs floating on rivers," I said.
"The stream carries them along.
If the banks of the river, the undercurrent or decay don't cause damage, eventually the log will reach the ocean.
People on the spiritual path, if they are not disillusioned or entangled by evil, and if they maintain a clean and simple heart, are guaranteed by the Law that they will reach Tao.
It was my good fortune to have these spiritual experiences.
Yet you say it is the work of the devil."

Mr. and Mrs. Chu stared at me without answering.
Finally, Chu said, "Mr. Lu, please forgive the limits of our knowledge.
You might wish to visit our teacher, Li Ding-nan.
We are ail his students.
He has worshipped Buddha much longer than we have and he is much wiser.
Maybe he can answer your questions.
Your experiences certainly are unique!"

I thanked them and bowed to their Ksitigarbha Bodhisatva stage and to their stage of Buddha.

When I left the house I began to wonder, "Is this really the work of the devil?"
As I was doubting, a circle of light appeared in front of my eyes. I
n the center of the brightness was a Bodhisattva wearing the Five Buddha Golden Crown.

"I am the Bodhisattva of Chiu-hua Mountain.
I notice that you begin to doubt yourself.
That is why I come to say to you: maintain your nature.
Your original nature is cultivation.
Ask for nothing.
This is the way you should place yourself.
Keep in mind always that you are Buddha."

"Lian Shen, Buddha is non-Buddha and non-Buddha is Buddha.
If you think it is an obstacle to live among the non-Buddha, it will be an obstacle for you to live among the Buddha too. Now you are in a trial period. I have come to tell you: do not doubt yourself."

After this message was finished the light zoomed away from me and disappeared into the sky.
I found that I was standing at a crossroad.


Amituofo
Lotuschef
Pure Karma
True Buddha School


No comments:

Post a Comment