Friday, January 21, 2011

21-1-2011 Venerable cannot watch Movie 法师不能看电影

Haha. Someone told me one day that I am not suppose to watch movies, they will corrupt me.
Disrupt my peace and affect meditation too.
August 2010 Caodun Temple - GM sharing the Zen Sutra of the 6th Patriarch - True meditation and No thoughts mean that the Yogi is not affected by environmental factors irregardless of place and time.
One do not need to be sitting in meditation to be in Samodhi. 
A True Yogi is one that is eternally at peace  and nothing can disturb or disrupt this state.
I previously shared the 4 levels of Yoga. In Level 3, one can sing dance & his Buddha Nature won't be affected or lessened. 


Watching movies from all over the world, helps one travel places; study their environment; their ways/habits. I believe I can better counsel people by knowing more about their background.
I even picked up some languages from movies. At least, the greetings - good day and etc.


It seems many have mentally conformed to some rules set by 'people' who truly do not know but want to preach. 
[GM dharma speech in August 2010 also explained this].
10-08-21 《蓮生法王講六祖壇經》於境無念 不起塵勞妄想
善知識!云何立無念為宗?只緣口說見性,迷人於境上有念,念上便起邪見,一切塵勞妄想從此而生。自性本無一法可得,若有所得,妄說禍福,即是塵勞邪見,故此法門立無念為宗。........


六祖說,為什麼立「無念」為宗?是因為很多人嘴巴說「已經明心見性」、「已經得道」,這是「得道」和「明心見性」很「迷惑」人的,稱為「迷人」,迷惑人,自己「迷」,自己不知道,以為自己得道,這是很危險的。
「念頭」上很重要,修行人在修「念頭」和修「習性」,「塵勞」──「習性」,「妄想」──「有念」,從此就會生出來,這一段話非常的重要。「自性本無一法可得;若有所得,妄說禍福,即是塵勞邪見。故此法門,立『無念』為宗。」六祖說的,不受「念頭」的影響,這是第一個修行的要訣。你能夠不受念頭的影響,就是「無念」;受了「念頭」的影響,叫做「有念」。人不能達到真正一個「念頭」都沒有,只能夠不受「念頭」影響,這就是佛本身的旨意,佛本身的教化。.......


I shared GM's article few days back about Taking Control too. 


Haha! 


Dear readers, can this Venerable watch movies?


Amituofo
Lotuschef
True Buddha School 

No comments:

Post a Comment