Monday, September 16, 2013

Mid-autumn Festival 中秋节




[--- Dear Fashi,

This Thursday mid autumn festival I would like to go to the temple (the one where my grandma puts her 神祖牌) to pray my grandma with mooncake.

But the temple staff there told me I'm not supposed to pray mooncake n not supposed to go on mid autumn festival. I should go one day in advance. The reason being my grandma just passed away n she's not supposed to celebrate any festival.

I find it very amusing. Should I ignore the staff n go ahead with my praying? Is it rude of me to do it my way? Anyway there are hundreds of神祖牌 there so she wont know who I'm praying to haha

Or is there really such a practice?
Amituofo. ---]


[--- PKV: No such thing la.
They believe ppl just pass away still very unlucky,so can't celebrate festival.

In Buddhism, there is no such thing la.
Cheers. ---]

---

Dear all, Death to some that have been bed-ridden and unwell is a release.
Time is of no significance too! 

This morning, in SZ's speech, even altar or shrine is not necessary as One's body is the shrine already with the 5 Buddhas at the 5 main chakras!

I remember temple staff told me to offer 5 colored flowers at the altar too.
As to why, they said the late master told them to do so, so they told others to do so!

Hahaha! 

Celebrating happy times with late relatives and loved ones should not have any restrictions.

When doing the offering at temples, please tell your relatives to share what you offer around too! 


Cheers all.


Om Guru Lian Sheng Siddhi Hom
Lama Lotuschef



No comments:

Post a Comment