Tuesday, May 31, 2011

31-5-2011 达到平衡Achieve Balance

Someone jerked my memory backwards to a time when I met ZY in 1st quarter of 2009 before I took ordination in September that year.

This person told me that he dropped all his business deals & threw himself stoically into cultivation when he 1st took refuge. Eventually affect his financial status drastically.

Well! I remember telling ZY about a month after I met him that he has to BALANCE his life before & after he takes refuge. He can't neglect his family & friends & the regular meetings for drinks or golf & etc.
He was at cultivation almost everyday at one temple or another & he sort of follows me where ever I went to cultivate.

I asked him one evening before smoke offering whether he wants to "chu-jia", that is become a monk. Haha! He answered me : NO.

He gradually adjusted to the cultivation life, merging cultivation into his lifestyle & happily cultivating.

His problem is that he is a bit impatient & think to give more time to his cultivation, thus achieving "results" speedily.
The last I saw of him, he was cultivating Inner system & I am worried about him. His aura not good at all. He has the soak white-bread face that I mentioned in other articles. His facial features all disappeared.

He also got himself attached to certain "veteran" cultivators which are purportedly more "Powerful" than a mere freshie like me.
He was also the one that pushed his mobile in front of me to show me his newly setup altar.
My Dharma protectors warned me not to look deep & not to comment.
I just glanced & then said Padmasambhava not sitting too comfortably.
Haha!
Actually that glance tells more than that, but I kept quiet.

I humbly suggest to all fellow students, DO NOT MAKE GREAT ADJUSTMENT TO YOUR USUAL LIFESTYLE IMMEDIATELY AFTER YOU TAKE REFUGE.
Allot time for cultivation by slotting short period & gradually increase the time for cultivation over a period of time.
Your family & friends & business/career should not be drastically affected by cultivation.

The Key is a Balance whereby you do not make anyone UNHAPPY by neglecting them for your cultivation.
Buddha teaches ways to find Happiness for self & others.

When you help some one cross the road because they are not agile as you or have poor sight, you are in fact cultivating. This is Boddhicitta.
There is no hard & fast rule that you have to lock yourself to sitting down to cultivate.

Samodhi, if you listen to GM, is a state of Peace & tranquility that is permanently within you & there is no "going in/out of" Samodhi.
AS long as you are unaffected by your surroundings, into creating negative Karma, you are eternally in Samodhi.

Don't mis-interpret what GM & Buddha teach us.

Amituofo
Lotuschef
TBS
Pure Karma Vihara

No comments:

Post a Comment