Wednesday, August 10, 2011

10-8-2011 陽宅地靈闡微The Land Spirits of Your House



The Land Spirits of Your House 
By Living Buddha Sheng-yen Lu
Translated by Liu Run Qing, Cui Gang
This was translated from Grandmaster Lu's 69th book, 陽宅地靈闡微.



PREFACE
Some Knowledge of Geomancy for My Readers
This is a book of teachings about the mundane Dharma. What are the teachings of mundane Dharma? They are in fact methods specially designed to pursue "family happiness", "good health", "good fortune", "filial sons and daughters", "removal of misfortune" and so on.
In the past, I, Living Buddha Lian Sheng, once survey geomancy for other people. I found that many people's houses were wrongly located.  I couldn't help sighing to myself: "What a waste! What a pity! Poor Creatures! How can they live in a house like that!"
As I have great compassion for all sentient beings, I have written an introductory book on geomancy The Land Spirits of Your House-Teach Yourself Geomancy. Here in this book, I explain in great detail in the easiest language the most profound secrets in geomancy.
I hold the opinion that to do anything in the mundane Dharma, we need to have three essential factors which are as follows:  
  • Innate elements: one's born destiny, conditions and opportunity that are prearranged.
  • Geographic conditions: aid from the geographic features of one's house and environment
  • Human effort: one's effort after birth, human factors, good relationship with other people.
These three essential factors constitute the three major elements. But among these, the importance of "geographic conditions" is obvious, for it is difficult to alter one's "innate elements" and besides "human efforts" require people's efforts after birth.
Only "geographic conditions" are easy to change, so that geomancy is a wonderful way to turn failure into success.
The so-called "geographic conditions" are very useful even in supramundane Dharma. In ancient times, the celestials would usually find "famous mountain and renowned cave" for their cultivation, a place where "the land spirit is outstanding". For the same reason, the Tantric practitioners would also prefer caves where land spirits are active.
When I was young, I was educated by a Qing Cheng Mountain Taoist, Master Qing Zhen, who taught me A Book of Secrets on Land Spirits. Starting from there, I have founded the True Buddha School. I became fully awakened precisely by benefiting from the favourable geographic conditions, because wherever I went, I would choose a place to live in which has the most auspicious geomanic conditions. I seldom neglect the favours from geomanic conditions so as to keep the spirits there active and kicking.
I seldom fall ill; I never take a afternoon nap; I never feel tired. In the five years in the States, I haven't even caught a minor flu. This is really due to the combination of the three "innate", "geographic" and "human" factors. The fact that I have become a Living Buddha bears out the great powers of these three factors.
I believe that a student of Taoism does need the cooperation of the land spirits apart from his "innate conditions" and his "devoted efforts". So for practitioners of Taoism with innate conditions and devoted efforts, it is important to choose the right place for cultivation. All successful Tantric practitioners in the ancient times chose caves with the best land spirits. Otherwise their efforts might have gone in vain.
We may conclude from the above that houses with the right land spirits are not only very comfortable but also help you to keep fit, have a successful career, enjoy happiness in the family and find your sons and daughters filial.
If one lives in a house without land spirit, everything will go wrong. His own soul will not be comforted, his career will decline and as a result misfortune will fall on him.
Many of my disciples and readers have asked me to write a book on house geomancy. After very long consideration, I feel it is necessary to let more people know the importance and great knowledge of land spirits and geographic features and let them know the benefit they can derive from land spirits.
Geomancy contains much philosophy of life. I have chosen the easiest and simplest part to write about. I explain thing in simplest language using the latest and most practical notions, in the hope to set right the biased or erroneous views and to propagate my own experiences.
In this book, I shall discuss "the choice of location" for houses, their height, width, their gate and doors, surroundings, halls, the kitchen, living-rooms, location of altars, the toilet, the study room, the stair case and other components. I shall use the most objective theory to share with readers my knowledge of geomancy.
I hope this book is most practical and sincere, systematic and well-organized, containing nothing but the correct views.
I also hope that the publication of this book represents some convergence of the supramundane Dharma and the mundane Dharma. I am not partial to the supramundane Dharma. To cultivate boundless happiness and give blessings to all my disciples and readers, I hereby with: good health and longevity to everyone, good luck to everyone, happiness to every family, fortune and wisdom to everyone, and success in cultivation to everyone.
March, 1987
Sheng-yen Lu
17102 NE 40TH CT.
REDMOND, WA. 98052
U.S.A.

Amituofo
Lotuschef
Pure Karma
True Buddha School

No comments:

Post a Comment