Wednesday, June 15, 2011

15-6-2011 Live animal release? 放生?


    This is my very first email you on some related question that have been going around my head for quite sometime.  Firstly, I would like to briefly introduce myself, i took refuge with grand master lu back in 1993 or 1995 ( I was still a very young boy then) with my family members. On and Off i did chant the grandmaster heart mantra, until days back I have came to realise that there's this need for me to get down to proper business, faced a lot of obstacles and the world doesnt seems to be as nice as it used to be. Probably my "yuan qin zai zhu" are knocking on my door. hehe.  I'm 24 this year, have been procrastinating for like 17 18 years? Oh dear!!!

1.I always love to keep fishes at home and is it very cruel to keep pets? But it beats than letting them to stay in the aquarium shop. I'm prepared to let go everything though it will incur huge losses.


GM's book about Question & answer book 1 - touches on keeping pets.
A cultivating yogi not advisable to keep pets in the house. Go find out what exactly GM said. 
I read it last year & forget the details already.


Your statements -- u are reluctant to give up the fishes justifying that they are better with u than the aquarium! Although u said prepared to let go but you mentioned 'incur huge losses'! 
Haha! u best talk yourself into truly letting go first!!!


2. About few months back, I gotten a fish, it jus don't want to eat readily prepared food for nearly a week. No choice but i have to let it have the first bite of live small fishes before training it to take prepared food which now it does. Back then, I was really guilty about it till now. by chanting the "wang shen zhou" and visualise the fishes taking refuge to buddha helps? do i have to visualise everyday?
Chanting amitabha's rebirth mantra daily & dedicating to all sentient beings is Boddhicitta. 
u are giving to those  like chicken、 pig、 cows、 bacteria、 insects which were killed for a reason, accidentally killed or wrongly killed. 
feeling guilty is a good start because you are aware that LIFE is precious & must not take a life indiscriminately. or at your whim. 
Taking refuge for them is also good too.
Help them chant the 4 refuge vows & visualize GM & triple gems bless them with light  or visualize the seed syllable "HOM" light up in them. this is lighting up their buddha nature.


Go learn how to write the HOM syllable & u can write one easily with the vajra septre or dorje in the air & beam light so that all beings this touches have their buddha nature awaken & take refuge.
Haha! that's the kind of power tantrayana has if u are true in intent & trust GM 100% to back you up when you are helping sentient beings!!!



3. It's about release animals into the wild, do we really consider doing a good deed by releasing the animals? As there were reports stating that the animals had lost their wild instinct to hunt after keeping indoor for so long, aren't we indirectly killing them?

Take for another instance, if I release a handful of frogs to the wild, they need to eat smaller prey in order to survive, am i consider indirect killing to the smaller preys?  or i release a bag of fishes into the river, I would not
know if the river is polluted or are there predator underneath.


For live animal release that True Buddha practices, we chant the purification mantra like usnisa vijaya, GM's long mantra which also have bardo or rebirth properties. we help them take refuge in GM & triple gems as well
then we release them. even if they die or got eaten or got caught & eaten by other live forms, they are already Buddhist disciples & will be reborn into higher forms like human or even heavenly beings or to pureland


I have the same concern as you about Habitat because I studied biology. 
Therefore I release fishes about to go to restaurants even though they are more expensive
I don't like to release birds as most of them from taiwan & if no demand then they won't catch them & displace them to singapore, a different habitat.


Remember to do the purifying, refuge taking & etc, If you need the procedure, I have english & chinese version in soft copy which I can share with you. 


Pardon me for such a long email and thanks so much for reading it.



Finally, its your choice what to do next. Haha! Don't act upon my words & pass the burden to me!
I am always happy to answer matters related to cultivation but do not ask me to read your fortune or look into your past or future.


Amituofo
Lotuschef
TBS
Pure Karma Vihara

No comments:

Post a Comment